6 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Hi everyone

Greetings from a Däne.. 

I am in here, because in my country there are hartly any track persons online

I have a couple of questions, regarding brake dust. I have on my m135i 370mm mperformance brakes in front, with EBC disc and EBC redstuff pads.. I think my pads are very dusty, after washing rims and car eberything gets dirty within 2 days. 

Is it possible to have a good brakepad which is good on track but also works on daily basis, without to much dust? 

I will ceramic coat my new Protrack one wheels when i get them. Anyone knows of a good brand? Currently looking at gyeons ceramic coating. 

Best regards VikingPower/ Lars

Screenshot_20201126_201409_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hi and welcome!

I can recommend the Serfaces ceramic coating for the rims! Great product and easy to wash off brake dust :-) But you should let a professional apply the Serfaces products...

Brake pads without or with less brake dust AND good performance? Not possible.... I am really fine with my Endless ME 22 brake pads, but they also produce a lot of dust while using them hard...

bearbeitet von TheStig

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

EBC is the Most Performance pad compared to the dust they produce. I’m sorry but there is no other opportunity with low dust and high performance 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hey there!

You wont find any pads that are capable and produce less dust. I tried these ceramic mixture pads for less brake dust on my old daily driver once and it did not end well. (ATE power disc and ATE ceramic pads) The wear pattern was just bad.

I applied 9H Mr. Fix (this cheap ceramic stuff from Aliexpress) on my brand new summer wheels in winter 2019 and since then cleaning them has been a charme. Most of the brake dust (ordinary Textar pads) is blown away with the first round of the pressure washer and after that it is easy to remove with a microfibre glove.

Very easy to apply. Just clean everything, allpy very thin, let it dry and buff off the rest.

bearbeitet von Patty

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Thanks everyone! 
I will definately do the ceramic coating then, i can hear that this is where i will get the biggest advantage when coming to clean the rims, i can live with brake pads who are dusty, f its easy to just wash away. I will do some research and see what i can find about the products you guys have recommended, i am so tired of my ultra leggeras are a pain to keep clean. 

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

To sum things up, i found that Gtechniq C5 wheel coating, could be optimal, i have read a lot about this, and some people say, that even after 6 month, they are easy to rinse, with just water, also with heavy track use, so this is what i will coat the new rims in, thats for sure. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag