VikingPower

Millway Camber

9 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Hallo

Sorry for English, i am a Däne, and i will in future make a thread to present myself and my car. 

I am in a bit of no mans land, when going for a suspension upgrades, for my BMW F21 135i. 
Right now i have stock EDC suspension with H&R springs.  My car is a daily car, but it will slowly transform into a clubsport style car, with coilovers, bolt in cage and so on.
I would like to know, what the noise/vibration  difference, and lifespan will be with the millway UNIBALL camber plates, vs the street version? 
I can live with some vibration and noise, but i dont like clunking sounds. 

PLease help a newbie.. 

Thank you guys. 

Best regards Lars  

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

New uniball plates will never do clunking sounds. If they do there would be play inside the bearing :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

There is a bit more of vibration and noise in the car but no knocks or bangs :3_grin:

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

What's the point of buying unibal camber plates for your stock suspension if you want to go Clubsport? I just read something like 500€ for these plates. Better take that money and get some coilovers, some ST and KW already come with unibal camber plates.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 3 Stunden schrieb VikingPower:

Hallo

Sorry for English, i am a Däne, and i will in future make a thread to present myself and my car. 

I am in a bit of no mans land, when going for a suspension upgrades, for my BMW F21 135i. 
Right now i have stock EDC suspension with H&R springs.  My car is a daily car, but it will slowly transform into a clubsport style car, with coilovers, bolt in cage and so on.
I would like to know, what the noise/vibration  difference, and lifespan will be with the millway UNIBALL camber plates, vs the street version? 
I can live with some vibration and noise, but i dont like clunking sounds. 

PLease help a newbie.. 

Thank you guys. 

Best regards Lars  

Hi Lars, 

if you tend to go into the Clubsport direction we recommend to go for the uniball version. As @Kappacino said they are a bit more noisy than OEM topmounts but still OK.

We run them on our daily M2 for example. 

Of course a KW clubsport suspension is the better solution in terms of track performance but it also a whole other level when it comes to the price :-)

A lot of our customers go your way and start with more camber with our camberplates and upgrade to a complete suspension afterwards. You can sell the camberplates used for a good price as well. So the money is not completely lost. 

Hope that helps :-)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 1 Stunde schrieb Kappacino:

New uniball plates will never do clunking sounds. If they do there would be play inside the bearing  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

There is a bit more of vibration and noise in the car but no knocks or bangs :3_grin:

HI
Okay, i will try to write to Millway and hear what they will suggest, they must know what could be optimal, and also could tell me if my wishes can be met. :-D 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Gerade eben schrieb thomasgobs:

Hi Lars, 

if you tend to go into the Clubsport direction we recommend to go for the uniball version. As @Kappacino said they are a bit more noisy than OEM topmounts but still OK.

We run them on our daily M2 for example. 

Of course a KW clubsport suspension is the better solution in terms of track performance but it also a whole other level when it comes to the price :-)

A lot of our customers go your way and start with more camber with our camberplates and upgrade to a complete suspension afterwards. You can sell the camberplates used for a good price as well. So the money is not completely lost. 

Hope that helps :-)

Hi Thomas

Thank you for your reply, and also thank you for the Protrack Rims, they came in today :-D 
That sounds good it's not a completely waste of money, i will as you say, need to start off from a pricepoint where i can be with for now. Upgrading, turbo, wheels and tires arent cheap coming, and also christmas presents for the family. So one must do what he can, and stille have some satisfaction. 
I think i somehow will go KW v3 and have these Millway camber plates on top of them, arent this sufficient enough for track driving? 
I am nobody to judge what is good and bad, from a drivers perspective, i have everything to learn, so my guess are a 2500 eur clubsport coilover are overkill, vs a cheaper version, like the KW V3..

Thanks to you and everybody for the replys! Keep em coming.  .

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor einer Stunde schrieb Patty:

What's the point of buying unibal camber plates for your stock suspension if you want to go Clubsport? I just read something like € 500 for these plates. Better take that money and get some coilovers, some ST and KW already come with unibal camber plates.

You cant get st with camber plates for my type of car, unfortunately. 
KW V3 comes without camber plates, and i think i will put on a V3 on my car, its still a daily car, i driven 42000 kms, since august last year. And also i think for a rookie like me, you dont need to have a 2500 eur clubsport suspension to learn how to drive and become faster and faster. :-) 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Neither the KW/ST camber plates, nor the Millway plates make any clunking noise. Just a slight more tire noise.

I wouldn't go for a V3 if you plan driving on a track, it's just way too expensive anways and too soft for the track. You could go with M4/M3 LCA, which gives you about -2° degree camber and a stiffer front axle and is pretty cheap (like 320€) to begin with.

If you go for a KW V3 and buy camber plates, you are pretty much near the price of a KW Clubsport, so I don't see a point going that route.

bearbeitet von xerik

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 3 Minuten schrieb xerik:

Neither the KW/ST camber plates, nor the Millway plates make any clunking noise. Just a slight more tire noise.

I wouldn't go for a V3 if you plan driving on a track, it's just way too expensive anways and too soft for the track. You could go with M4/M3 LCA, which gives you about -2° degree camber and a stiffer front axle and is pretty cheap (like 320€) to begin with.

If you go for a KW V3 and buy camber plates, you are pretty much near the price of a KW Clubsport, so I don't see a point going that route.

Im trying to mount a 9 inch wheel up front with a 255 tire, to run a square setup, so i cant run M4 lca, unfortunately. Maybe they are to soft, but cant i just buy a stiffer spring rate, and the turn dampening and compression up? I think the KW V3 or something similar will first be bought next winter, and the camber plates will be with me in january so i can testfit before ordering rims to the front of the car. My driving will be 80% road and 20% track. So i want something that can be turned relative stiff to track days. I know i wont get the BEST track setup, but what i want are something decent, for both track and street.   

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag