VikingPower

BMW F21 M135iR aus Dänemark

211 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Hi guys!

Sorry no German:
Feel free to use Google translate, i use the same when reading all your messages, and it works ok for me, i am sorry i cant write or speak in German.

First a "small" introduction about who I am, before going into the more important topic, the M135i Clubsport. Firstly, go brew a big mug of coffee, and find your favorite chair.......

So lets start with a little story about me and my journey with the ownership of - my name is Lars, im 31 years, a Danish man, and i am an addict, Hi to you all.  :8_laughing:
Back in September 2019 i Bought my first BMW, a 1 series "M", coming from a long time ownership of different VAG's, i didn't know what journey i would be about to be going into.

After a few months of ownership of the M135i which at the time of pickup came with a remap and no catless downpipe which gave the power of 370ps and H&R springs on EDC dampers. I felt I had too much trouble to put the power down on the road, especially when the summertime went to fall came, so I decided to buy a Quaife Diff, to get more traction and a more predictable rear end. And what a difference that did :1335_ok_hand_tone1: 

Black Friday 2019 came around and I was hungry for more power. So what does a hungry man do? Purchased the MHD tuning platform, and went straight to stage2+ map, I also bought a Burger motorsports intake, since I wanted to have all the cool turbo noises, yes I know I'm a silly child. :4_joy:
Car drove fantastic, it had so much more torque than I was used to, car got dynoed, January 31 2020, to 390ps and 598nm. For nearly 4 months car drove with that setup, until I decided to mount a CSF intercooler, because of IAT went sky high on longer pulls.
The summer 2020 came around and I was thinking about doing a methanol injection system from AEM, firstly to maximize consistency of power and to run even cooler IAT, and to keep the engine internals an intake valves clean. That kit went in along with a GFB DV+ diverter valve, which was a nice small upgrade that gave more tjutju sounds from the turbo. 

In late July/early August 2020, I asked my better half if she wanted to go on a trip with me to Adenau and Nordschleife, which since my early 20's have had been a long dream for me to drive and experience that. I have NEVER been on a racetrack, by this point, but I have done a lot of back road trashing, which we all know isn't ideal. She said yes, and I then started to look at my car and thought to myself, what kind of upgrades would be ideal, that I could afford to do before the trip. A lot of thinking was being done, but when the car was at the TUV inspection, the guy told me my brakes were almost worn out, so that meant I would need 4 new discs and brakepads.. I have already looked at the Mperformance 370 /345 mm brakes and dreamed about that, because I always felt that the brakes are very week on the M135i especially compared to VAG's, but luckily I found 2 front calipers from a Danish scrap dealer who had them from an mperformance F30 model, I got them at a killer price, lets just say, I sold my oem Blue calipers for the same amount of the Mperformance calipers. I ordered complete EBC brake discs, braided lines and EBC Redstuff pads from UK. All in, my brakes did cost me almost half as if I was going to just buy the Mperformance kit, and I could keep the original blue color, which was a win win in my opinion. 

We came to Adenau late August, spent 4 nights there, and I got around to drive 2 round on Nordschleife and 1 stint on the GP track. Yes that was all I did, and yet I managed to spin out on the last round on the GP track, nothing happened to the car, us or anyone else, it was not really that dramatic, but I found my limit and the cars limit .
Holy moly, I was so speechless about the atmosphere around the Nürburgring, it felt mostly like I was high all the time, I giggled so much, came once or twies in my pants, from all the cool cars being around there. You don't see Porsches and BMW M cars in Denmark that often, actually I have never seen a GT3RS or M2's before when I went to the Ring. So please, understand I was like a child in a candy shop, my girlfriend has never seen me be like that before. I think she hated me a little, because all I could talk about was all the amazing cars that was more racecars than actually roadcars, and how much it affected me. Hands down, I am truly being caught by the ring fever :3_grin: 

Home from the small vacation in Adenau early September 2020, and my head was high as fuck from all the endorphins running through my body. Over a month I just couldn't stop talking to friends and families about what a wonderfull trip it was and what an impact it had on my life. So I sat down at home and made up a plan that it was now the time for me, to jump out of my closet and chase my dream further to join the Nürburgring at least ones a year. I looked at what things I would do to my car, but we all know that you have a plan A because costs and other stuff in life also need to happen, but I kept aiming higher and higher, I wanted the perfect road legal track day car. I gave my self 3 years to build it, but lets face it, I managed to find money I didn't know existed and here 8 months later,
I happened to join this Forum interact and to hopefully meet some of you guys and have some chit chats along the way or maybe drink a beer, barbeque and so on, in the evenings, it would be nice to have some like minded friendships around the ring. 

To make the list small, I'll just recap it here: car got over the winter this day, in this order - TTE550 Turbo upgrade, Protrack One 8x18 and 9x18 with Nankang NS2R tires 235/255, Millway camber plates for stock suspension (are now for sale, been on the car for one month), Millway rear subframe aluminum bushings, KW clubsport 2way suspension, KW bmw M4 topmounts, to retrofit the f8x aluminum strutbrace, yes this fit the F2x chassis, max 2.5 degrees negative camber though, but with superpro or powerflex bushes you can get up to negative 3 degrees camber.  
Plans for May Month, are to mount the MMR sump baffle in the oil sump, to prevent oil starvation of the engine. Later in the winter, I will maybe mount an Accusump if is can see in the logs it will be necessary.

Thank you for reading this far, hopefully you've enjoyed it. 

bearbeitet von VikingPower
8 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

That towbar totally nailed it! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Have fun with this rocket :-). Caster could be a bit more.

bearbeitet von Kappacino

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 18 Minuten schrieb Kappacino:

That towbar totally nailed it! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Have fun with this rocket :-). Caster could be a bit more.

Haha yeah, it really is a fun thing going to recycling yard with a trailer behind this car, it gets the "looks" because people here arent used to performance cars (Because of 150% import tax on cars), they all drive the basic VW, Ford, models with only the basic options.. 
So the few performance cars running are mostly on leasing or like mine on yellow plates, which essential are a 2 seater car.
Yes, both caster and camber could be more i think this year i will drive the car with that setup, though with a little less toe-in on the rear, and then mount powerflex bushing in the winter, to increase the caster and camber, preferable half a degree more.  

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hallo leute

I have now been trying to make an instagram and youtube profile, so for you who want to follow my journey on building the car and my self - i have since November 2020 lost 26 kgs, to improve my physical and mental game, to handle a car better on the track and just overall happiness. There are no pictures of me yet, because i'm still a little unsecure about how fat i was becoming. But i will in time man up and show the difference from then to now. 

On my YT i will provide more track and street driving over this summer, i have just received a DJI Osmo Action cam, i will appreciate if you would help me grow my channel and give me some pointers on what content you would like to see. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeTGdxa5Rv-yxCxs8NGPLhw

If you want to, you can also follow me on insta @1bmw_clubsport

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Totally Awesome! KW Clubsport, AR1 Tires, the tidy back-"seats", the big brakes and the injection. Man this thing is a beast! Many people say you do not need big turbochargers for the track, try to focus much more on clean driving and breaks. But on the other hand, do whatever makes you happy! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Especially if you are not coming from a close distance you might invest much more for the little times you spend there. But take care as loosing it can happen fast and till you get the money from the insurance aint always the easy way.

Really nice project, well done and my respect for getting it all done in Denmark, I know cars are bloody expensive there...
Also good luck with project and youtube and instagram profile! Big congrats on loosing 26kgs! It is a big step to fight "the inner pigdog" as we call it here in Germany "der innere Schweinehund" and to get going. I wish you all the best for that for your future! Don't be insecure we are all here just some track invested guys and not in a beaty saloon. Also don't worry too much about appearance, it is more about what you do and how you do it, not so much about what you look like, I think that progresses well with age, too, people tend to realize more that it aint all about looks. :14_relaxed:

4 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 57 Minuten schrieb Gany:

Totally Awesome! KW Clubsport, AR1 Tires, the tidy back-"seats", the big brakes and the injection. Man this thing is a beast! Many people say you do not need big turbochargers for the track, try to focus much more on clean driving and breaks. But on the other hand, do whatever makes you happy! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Especially if you are not coming from a close distance you might invest much more for the little times you spend there. But take care as loosing it can happen fast and till you get the money from the insurance aint always the easy way.

Really nice project, well done and my respect for getting it all done in Denmark, I know cars are bloody expensive there...
Also good luck with project and youtube and instagram profile! Big congrats on loosing 26kgs! It is a big step to fight "the inner pigdog" as we call it here in Germany "der innere Schweinehund" and to get going. I wish you all the best for that for your future! Don't be insecure we are all here just some track invested guys and not in a beaty saloon. Also don't worry too much about appearance, it is more about what you do and how you do it, not so much about what you look like, I think that progresses well with age, too, people tend to realize more that it aint all about looks. :14_relaxed:

Wow, thank you for your kind words both for the project and me, its very kind of you! :1335_ok_hand_tone1:
I know we are all petrolheads, and we all come from different lives, but man, being that big and weigh almost 130 kgs lost your own soul to food and having trouble with tie your own shoes, thats for sure not funny i think i got my real call for the journey when i came home from Nordschleife last year, i could feel how my body didnt like the stress and demand to drive my car the way i would like to and also fit proberly in the normal seat. - But now, its all a lot easier and i will continue my path to eventually fit nicely in a Recaro pole position seat, that for sure is going to be my ultimate christmas gift to my self. :14_relaxed: 

About the car: 
I would like to say a bigger turbo is needed on this n55 engine, not because the engine is vague or anything, put it is not rewarding to be in the 5500-7000 rpm band, because there is a big lack of power in that range, there is so much midrange torque, that when you redlining it, you feel you lose a lot of power there. With the bigger turbo, it pulls al the way to 7000rpm, so it is almost as rewarding as redlining a natural aspirated engine, and its not like i went with more power = better, i actually just run an Off the shelve map from MHD, because i think the car drives very fine with that, so it is not just because im a HP freak, i really just like to redline the car on the track :1_grinning: 

Someday in the near future the "rear seat" will be taken out and have a clubsport cage installed, probably a Wiechers, but with the addition of a plate-like (it could be just a lexan type of plate) behind the driver seat, because of rules for a "van".
I will definately take it easy on the ring and learn the track to remember the corners better, i have heard many horror stories, so i drive pretty safe, but i will try push a little more this year, than last year, i also have better equiptment this year to feel more of what the car is doing. Ultimately last year i pushed the car a bit too hard on the GP track, and i spun out on the last lap. I guess the street tyres, were cooking a bit, but nothing happened and it wasnt a big deal actually.. :1335_ok_hand_tone1:
Yes the cars here are out of the world expensive, its pretty sad, so i am very happy to be in a place, where this is possible for me, the key here must be to have an understanding girlfriend, who just want to have a happy man. 

Thanks againg for you kind words, it really means alot for me :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

No problems! :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

See, than the Nordschleife was not only good for your car fanatism. The better if it gets you fitter and happier in other ways, too! Mankind needs aims, targets, goals, dreams, hope and a maybe a little plan to get there. The will can do all of that, but without the will, there is no target, without the target there is often no will.

Well I always almost think from the N54 standards, which are a bit different because you have two chargers which can also boost a lot better in higher rev ranges. So you are propably right that the N55 needs "one" big charger. On the other hand, dont loose yourself in too many costs and details and instead try to think about putting that time into driving schools, going to the tracks (there are good ones that are closer to you propably which will make lots of fun!). It all helps for nothing if you throw your car away and the insurance does not pay a cent. Just my thought (as I went to a couple of trackdays before changing my insurance!).

Is the van thing something that makes the car cheaper in Denmark? Just asking, because otherwise the plate is good for nothing (or nothing I understand yet!)?

Street tires and normal setups can still cope quite okay because the nürburgring is such a long track with lots of high speed phases where you get tons of air circulation. Spinning once upon a time aint bad either, as it helps you keep in mind how vulnerable you are at 100-200 km/h. Also all the best to your understanding girlfriend, which is not understandable for all women. I spun in one of the first corners on the Nürburgring in my first lap in 2019, best lesson I ever received.

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

You are absolutely right about having a goal/target to point and shoot after, to achieve what you really want.
Aah yes, the N54 is a lot more potent in the upper RPM range i guess, i have no experience with that engine, unfortunately.
- I guess you have a good point on losing my self to details, because i can sometime over complicate silly things, just because i fancy some kind of an idea behind it, and then i try achieve it but that comes with a price - a lot less seat time:41_pensive: I can clearly see now, that is the reason for i'm not being on a single trackday this year yet. Oh man, i got to book some trackdays at Padburg Park when i get home from NOS, i only have 350 kms to that track instead of the 1000 kms på NOS. But NOS is just another experience, the scenery and atmosphere, is just a beautiful place. 

Regarding the van thing, yes that is making the car cheaper, but you also loose the abillity to drive with passengers in the back.
And example of this, if you go buy a car from a dealer in germany, lets say the price for car is 50000 euros, then when you import it to Denmark, you will on top of that price, for a regular car (not van) pay to the government an import tax on 150%, so that means the same car in Denmark, cost 125000 euros. 
The rules for a Van is 60% import tax, so that 50000 euro car now cost 80000 euros, but you lose the back seats and not all car types can be registered a van. 
With a van you can register the car as either a company, privat or a 50/50 split car.
So in my instance, we have small business but also use the car privately, so we are running on a 50/50 split. 
The plate is a rule for having a van, because in a van you need a safety plate for good you travel.. yes i know i sound silly, but people who makes these rules arent always qualified for even writing their own names :4_joy:

Yes, on NOS i didnt had problems with the Pilot Super Sports i drove on last year, but on GP track they couldnt handle the warm, so this year i have NS2R tyres, they are for sure an upgrade to almost half the price of the super sports, so that means more playtime, wuhu, but alot of comfort is gone, but thats okay :3_grin:

Yeah you are definately right, a man stay humble for quite a while after a spin, you learn a lot from a spin, it keeps the mind in the right place.    

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Just a small update.. Have now received this oil sump baffle from MMR Performance in UK, hopefully this will be sufficient enough for the racetracks. Otherwise im going to mount a Accusump system to it.

Still waiting for a few parts from hubauer shop, before i can mount this in the oil sump. I know some of you, have made other kind of oil solutions, but can i ask you to how you did this in your garage? Drop the subframe i know, but what about the stearing column, is there anything i should be aware off? 

IMG_20210507_140947.jpg

IMG_20210507_141016.jpg

IMG_20210507_141048.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

So a lot has been done, again. 

The MMR sump baffle went into the oil sump. Everything was inspected, oilfilter cut open to see if there was any metallic parts in it, bearings are still in good condition, even though engine has run 140000 km. I think lowering the subframe was a pretty easy task, when i figured out, how to dismantle the stearing rack from the stearing wheel. There is no need to use a special subframe tool, it balanced it self quite nicely on my floor jack. 

While at it, i thought to myself that it would je a good idea cleaning the inner arches just for some niceness touch, and now everything is still looking good, even after 8 years of daily use. 

I also ordered new trailing arms, i still need the bushings from Strongflex to arrive, before i mount them to the car. The TRW arms i bought, are actually the Original BMW, i can see they have tried to file out the BMW name on the arms.. Very nice to have the Original part, for a 1/3 of the orginal price 👌 

I also received the Ferodo DS1.11 racing pads to the front, i will still drive the EBC redstuff on the rear this year, i think the rears will survive 15-20 min stints on both the Nurburgring GP track and Padburg Park. I will go to Nordschleife on Saturday 26 June, så there are merely 5 weeks and 2 days, i cant wait to be back.. 

IMG_20210514_152151.jpg

IMG_20210514_152512.jpg

IMG_20210514_172442.jpg

IMG_20210515_133934.jpg

IMG_20210515_133724.jpg

IMG_20210517_132822.jpg

IMG_20210517_134142.jpg

IMG_20210517_134228.jpg

IMG_20210519_161430.jpg

IMG_20210519_161608.jpg

IMG_20210520_095003.jpg

IMG_20210520_095019.jpg

IMG_20210520_095141.jpg

IMG_20210520_095407.jpg

4 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

And the second MMR sump baffle installed! By the way there is no need to dismantle the whole front axis, you can just lower it :3_grin:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 49 Minuten schrieb shinin:

And the second MMR sump baffle installed! By the way there is no need to dismantle the whole front axis, you can just lower it :3_grin:

Much easier to just take it all apart, when you also are going to change all the arms and bushings. Also give you much more space to work with, instead of working around the subframe, you can just lay on your back reach up and torque every bolt without any obstacles 👍 i did also clean the subframe but in hindsight, it would have been nice to sandblast it and powdercoat it, well that will be next time, when it is a bit more rusty 😁

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

So the car is now finally ready for our Nordschleife trip 26/6-3/7.. Car has been getting new tension and support arms. In the tension arm i mounted some strongflex polybushes. I think the quality is very good, especially if you count in the price for these. I cant be happier and since uniballs arent legal in Danemark, i only had the option to do it this way. 

Cat has also been aligned, yet again. This time i feel the car is a bit more lively and wanders a bit more on the road tgan with the previous alignment. I guess my ultimate goal is to have just a smidge more toe in on the front in, in the future, but for now, im very happy, and car feels very happy to turn in. 

My partner and i are also going to move from Northeren Denmark all the way down to Tønder/Toender, so i will basically gave Padburg park 25 min away and Nordschleife will also be around 350 km/s closer to me. So hopefully i will be able to do 2 trips to the Nurburgring in the summertime in the future years to come. Now have a good one, see you all at the ring in a Month 👍

IMG_20210521_155406.jpg

IMG_20210521_160102.jpg

IMG_20210521_160111.jpg

IMG_20210521_161031.jpg

IMG_20210525_142556.jpg

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Funny to read the story about the childysh, danish man :4_joy:

I can see myself through your story - have fun and stay on track :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 8 Stunden schrieb Seventyeight:

Funny to read the story about the childysh, danish man :4_joy:

I can see myself through your story - have fun and stay on track :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Childish? 😂 How come, you think i'm childish, im wondering? 😁 Naah i got you man, i like to use humor to explain things. 

Nice to hear you can see you self in the story or have some other connection to it. It was also written in a mind to inspire other people on here and also to maybe have a good laugh along the way, so it wasnt just another build thread without much thoughts and history behind, that i think was needed here. 

Thanks, i'll do my best to stay on track and always try to have as much fun as possible. 🤞

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

So you are at the Ring this Weekend ? 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 15 Minuten schrieb M.R.:

So you are at the Ring this Weekend ? 

No I will be there 26/6 to 3/7 😊

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Ahhh, ok my fault 🙈

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Unfortunately another injector failed on me the other day. I guess it must be hard for the fuel injectors to operate in the harsh enviroment of the n55 engine. Last summer i changed them all, but yet again the injector on cyl. nr. 4 failed again. Well it isnt a big deal, but i do wonder, how and why 🤔 well well, guess i should buy a couple and have them in stock as a nice to have thing, instead of waiting a week for one to arrive. 

Other than that i got another bottle of meth for the car.. On saturday and 3 weeks ahead we are coming back to Nordschleife, this time around should be way more interesting for me.. Hopefully i can learn the track just a little, so i can drive some sections a bit fast.. 

IMG_20210602_203757.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hallo Leute

So if anyone is interested i have this information for you. 
because of Deutschland policy for Tourists coming from Britain (10 day self quarantine) there is now an opportunity to have a trackday for around 580 eur on Nordschleife. 
I will be there 29 June, you can contact me here for a 100 pound voucher so the price for the trackday will 500 pounds (around 580 eurs). The trackday is an open pit type start 8am and finish 4.30 pm, passenger costs 10 pounds, second driver 40 pounds. 

Just spreading the information to whom might want to go there. 

You can see more on this link
https://circuit-days.co.uk/nurburgring

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hi

I have these for sale. Millway have been used 2 months only. To use with m4 strutbrace. 

KW camber plates from the clubspirt suspension has been mounted and driving 1-200 kms, so also as new. 

I can take these with me to Nordschleife/Adenau from 25 june to 3 july. 

Cheers. 

IMG_20210612_204304.jpg

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

TF 26/6-21
So this is my 4th lap ever on Nordschleife. I try to do clean lines, work my confidence up, and try bringing the car safely around the track. 
I will gladly appreciate pointers as i am a newbie, and i am here to learn, not to show off.. 

Be aware of a loud screaming person by the end of the lap, when I realised that a made the best time in my life my emotions just ran with me. 
Enjoy the Video. 

5 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I didnt know Nordschleife had kamikaze birds.. Well, now i know 😂 Hitting a bird just after flugplatz going down to schwedenkreuz.. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag