VikingPower

BMW F21 M135iCS Auf Dänemark

86 posts in this topic

Am 20.10.2022 um 08:13 schrieb Gany:

Damn, this thing is fucking sexy! :14_relaxed: 

How harsh is Denmark with the legalisation of such changes? If anybody else knows it, I would be curious if you could get such a spoiler on a M1xx legally?

Hope you have/had safe travels!

Denmark isnt to harsh with legalization, but im not sure about the wing though.. i have a friendly tüv guy who will inspect the car as it sits without any troubles 😅

I also got some bad new though.. on my 5th lap on NOS the 23rd october, the engine completely died. Crank is seized, engine cant turn over. Basically the engine died from oil starvation, even though i had baffles in the sump from MMR. 

Car was driving mega though, had so much grip, even though the track was a bit greasy and damp, i could overtake a lot of cars and have much higher cornering speed than others. 

20221023_125313.jpg

20221023_130150.mp4

20221023_163934.jpg

20221023_160133.jpg

1 person likes this

Are u looking for a N55 from a F87 M2 ? i got one for Sale right now, located at the Nürburgring ready to pick up if ur interested

3 people like this

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Burstrusher5000:

Are u looking for a N55 from a F87 M2 ? i got one for Sale right now, located at the Nürburgring ready to pick up if ur interested

Actually yes but i also wait for a quotation from my mechanic. 
Please inbox me with details of the engine you have :-) 

Aaaah SHIIIIIT!!! :46_confounded::52_fearful:

Man, I heard before of N55 engine troubles but this is still very tough shit. You will get it rebuilt better though, or a new one in. Did you not drive with oil about 0,5 - 1 Liter more in it than recommended? Or was that another engine I heard about where this is needed? Did you hear a loud bang or something?

Still great to hear that the car handles so well! 

Am 20.11.2022 um 06:44 schrieb VikingPower:

Denmark isnt to harsh with legalization, but im not sure about the wing though.. i have a friendly tüv guy who will inspect the car as it sits without any troubles 😅

I also got some bad new though.. on my 5th lap on NOS the 23rd october, the engine completely died. Crank is seized, engine cant turn over. Basically the engine died from oil starvation, even though i had baffles in the sump from MMR. 

Car was driving mega though, had so much grip, even though the track was a bit greasy and damp, i could overtake a lot of cars and have much higher cornering speed than others. 

Am 22.11.2022 um 12:25 schrieb Gany:

Aaaah SHIIIIIT!!! :46_confounded::52_fearful:

Man, I heard before of N55 engine troubles but this is still very tough shit. You will get it rebuilt better though, or a new one in. Did you not drive with oil about 0,5 - 1 Liter more in it than recommended? Or was that another engine I heard about where this is needed? Did you hear a loud bang or something?

Still great to hear that the car handles so well! 

I had a oil slushing baffles in the sump and about 7 liters of oil in it also, but somehow all the oil still did run away from the pickup tube. It's a common problem on the N55, while that was the purpose of fitting the baffle in the sump, but Karl from 24/7 Performance told me that it wasnt enough, and guess who, was right, lol :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, i tend to look forward in life, so i'm just happy, it happened now up to this winter instead of it happening, when the season starts. We are trying to find an M2 engine instead of rebuilding the old one.
The crankshaft is stuck, so the engine can't turnover, i guess every moving parts inside the engine, is toast. But man, i can tell you the grip level was Amazing in the car i did cry i little the first time i went out in the car, it was so amazing to finally be in the car again. But sadly, only for 4.5 laps, lol :4_joy:

1 person likes this

Good you look forward! :1_grinning:

4,5 laps is not too little though! But well, you were not the first to toast a N55-engine and you are for sure not the last one!

M2 Engine is probably the go to here, should not be too hard to find I guess! Good luck for now though, maybe the deal with burstrusher works already...

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Gany:

Good you look forward! :1_grinning:

4,5 laps is not too little though! But well, you were not the first to toast a N55-engine and you are for sure not the last one!

M2 Engine is probably the go to here, should not be too hard to find I guess! Good luck for now though, maybe the deal with burstrusher works already...

Nah, it's almost 100kms of Nordschleife, before the car shit itself.

To be fair, the first couple of rounds i was building up momentum and relearning the cars behavior. 
On my 5th lap (Hence 4,5 :4_joy:)  i was starting to time my lap just to see where i was laying, but just after Breidsheid, car was definately not happy.. I was going quite fast through Breidsheid, and its normal for the n55 to die in left hand corners, so going up ex-muhle the engine lack all the power, and i could just barely turn the steering (got quite heavy when engine died) to steer the car into the right side of the track. 

Naah, its not the hardest thing to find, but the ones i do find, costs almost as much an used S55 with barely any kilometers on them.. So i am in a jungle for now, to find out what i want to do to the car. :34_rolling_eyes:

1 person likes this

Well, the reason why the S55 is nearly as cheap as the N55 is simple, renewing a S55 is a lot more costly than renewing an N55 engine...

In theory there is not too much slack between these two engines, especially comparing the N55 M2 with the S55 M2 Setup. 370 hp to 410 hp is not a major difference. But the higher quality internals (so they say at least), the closed deck crankcase, the two turbos, the water intercooler and the improved oil-pump are great and really noteworthy improvements, but also not coming cheap if you got problems. And of course, the S55 is not abnoxious reliable either, the crankshaft is possibly the most known problem...

Okay, I would be really unsure, too, if I got still enough money to spare, I would go for the S55 engine, it should not be hard to be put into the car. If you want to get the car going faster and easier and the budget is a thing you are slowly getting more and more into mind, maybe stay with the N55... Of course, the S55 is probably not that much more expensive, and if it runs good you will probably never have to ask yourself the questions...

I would still be very unsure if I were you, renewing a N55 costs 5-7k € if you get it done professionally and renewing a S55 costs more lik 9-15k €... And no matter how little milage the engine has, you never truely know what you buy, if you get an used engine...

Yes, that's very true! But they seems bulletproof, if they get an aftermarket crank hub, and just run a stage 1 like tune @550ish ps.
But yes, that does not fix a snapped crankshaft but how often do they actually tend to snap?
On the other hand, there is double the moving parts on the exhaust side, a lot of cooling packs going on and so on, so yes, the engine is not as simple as the N55. Which is also a big factor to consider. 

I must talk to my mechanic and hear what he can bring to the table.. :34_rolling_eyes:

1 person likes this

Am 20.11.2022 um 20:12 schrieb VikingPower:

Actually yes but i also wait for a quotation from my mechanic. 
Please inbox me with details of the engine you have :-) 

hey, i send u a msg but cant find it in the inbox

1 person likes this

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Burstrusher5000:

hey, i send u a msg but cant find it in the inbox

the message needs a title. if not it wont be sent. i have had this issue in the past

2 people like this