VikingPower

ZF8hp45 -> GS7D36SG

6 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Moin junges.. 

So my mechanic who is a big BMW motorsport know-how guy, is trying to convince me that i should do a DCT swap into my M135i. 
So I will ask you guys here, what pros and cons would might be? 
At this stage im in no mans land, and i can't decide one or the other. 
I have driven an M2 with DCT, but only for 1 lap on Nordschleife so thats all the experience i have. 

Please hilfe lol :34_rolling_eyes:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

if you think the manual transmission is great then you just take a manual transmission.
You also have a lot more to do with it on the track.
The BMW DCT that comes from Getrag is a bit heavier, but it can handle significantly more torque and you shift gears without an interruption in traction.
The DCT is definitely the better choice on the track if you want to be faster.
Shifting gears in curves is no longer a problem, even at the limit, because you are constantly propelled.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Boesi:

if you think the manual transmission is great then you just take a manual transmission.
You also have a lot more to do with it on the track.
The BMW DCT that comes from Getrag is a bit heavier, but it can handle significantly more torque and you shift gears without an interruption in traction.
The DCT is definitely the better choice on the track if you want to be faster.
Shifting gears in curves is no longer a problem, even at the limit, because you are constantly propelled.

So i dont drive any manual, the GS7D36SG is the DCT transmission, the ZF8hp45 is the original 8 speed automatic that i currently have in my car :12_slight_smile:
Its the difference between these two, i can't decide what would be the better option. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Excuse me...
I didn't look properly.
I wouldn't swap the automatic for a DCT if I were you.
There is a good way to make the ZF transmission snappier and ready for more torque.
There is a very good software with which you can flash the ZF box.
The software is called XHP. Here is the link so you can take a look. https://www.xhpflashtool.com/de/
Incidentally, this software also works with the DCT gearbox.
I think it's extremely great and have been driving XHP on my M2C for a year.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

No worries :-) 

I already run XHP stage3 on the car, but i can't help but think that the DCT is more up to the task for track driving? 
Also my mechanic says its a better gearbox overall, but he is mostly used to dealing with M models, and not so much the M lite/Mperformance cars.
So as you probably can see im not too sure if a DCT is an upgrade worth it.. But on the paper, a DCT shift faster, has a bit longer gear ratio in all gears, and should be the best option for abuse.. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Yes, the DCT is better for track. But the difference is not so big anymore. Die ZF with XHP is really fast. 
I also have XHP St.3 on my car installed. 

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag