BMW F21 M135iR aus Dänemark

VikingPower
Von VikingPower in Tracktools / Autos,
Hi guys!

Sorry no German:
Feel free to use Google translate, i use the same when reading all your messages, and it works ok for me, i am sorry i cant write or speak in German.  
First a "small" introduction about who I am, before going into the more important topic, the M135i Clubsport. Firstly, go brew a big mug of coffee, and find your favorite chair.......

So lets start with a little story about me and my journey with the ownership of - my name is Lars, im 31 years, a Danish man, and i am an addict, Hi to you all. 
Back in September 2019 i Bought my first BMW, a 1 series "M", coming from a long time ownership of different VAG's, i didn't know what journey i would be about to be going into. After a few months of ownership of the M135i which at the time of pickup came with a remap and no catless downpipe which gave the power of 370ps and H&R springs on EDC dampers. I felt I had too much trouble to put the power down on the road, especially when the summertime went to fall came, so I decided to buy a Quaife Diff, to get more traction and a more predictable rear end. And what a difference that did  

Black Friday 2019 came around and I was hungry for more power. So what does a hungry man do? Purchased the MHD tuning platform, and went straight to stage2+ map, I also bought a Burger motorsports intake, since I wanted to have all the cool turbo noises, yes I know I'm a silly child. 
Car drove fantastic, it had so much more torque than I was used to, car got dynoed, January 31 2020, to 390ps and 598nm. For nearly 4 months car drove with that setup, until I decided to mount a CSF intercooler, because of IAT went sky high on longer pulls.
The summer 2020 came around and I was thinking about doing a methanol injection system from AEM, firstly to maximize consistency of power and to run even cooler IAT, and to keep the engine internals an intake valves clean. That kit went in along with a GFB DV+ diverter valve, which was a nice small upgrade that gave more tjutju sounds from the turbo. 

In late July/early August 2020, I asked my better half if she wanted to go on a trip with me to Adenau and Nordschleife, which since my early 20's have had been a long dream for me to drive and experience that. I have NEVER been on a racetrack, by this point, but I have done a lot of back road trashing, which we all know isn't ideal. She said yes, and I then started to look at my car and thought to myself, what kind of upgrades would be ideal, that I could afford to do before the trip. A lot of thinking was being done, but when the car was at the TUV inspection, the guy told me my brakes were almost worn out, so that meant I would need 4 new discs and brakepads.. I have already looked at the Mperformance 370 /345 mm brakes and dreamed about that, because I always felt that the brakes are very week on the M135i especially compared to VAG's, but luckily I found 2 front calipers from a Danish scrap dealer who had them from an mperformance F30 model, I got them at a killer price, lets just say, I sold my oem Blue calipers for the same amount of the Mperformance calipers. I ordered complete EBC brake discs, braided lines and EBC Redstuff pads from UK. All in, my brakes did cost me almost half as if I was going to just buy the Mperformance kit, and I could keep the original blue color, which was a win win in my opinion. 

We came to Adenau late August, spent 4 nights there, and I got around to drive 2 round on Nordschleife and 1 stint on the GP track. Yes that was all I did, and yet I managed to spin out on the last round on the GP track, nothing happened to the car, us or anyone else, it was not really that dramatic, but I found my limit and the cars limit .
Holy moly, I was so speechless about the atmosphere around the Nürburgring, it felt mostly like I was high all the time, I giggled so much, came once or twies in my pants, from all the cool cars being around there. You don't see Porsches and BMW M cars in Denmark that often, actually I have never seen a GT3RS or M2's before when I went to the Ring. So please, understand I was like a child in a candy shop, my girlfriend has never seen me be like that before. I think she hated me a little, because all I could talk about was all the amazing cars that was more racecars than actually roadcars, and how much it affected me. Hands down, I am truly being caught by the ring fever  

Home from the small vacation in Adenau early September 2020, and my head was high as fuck from all the endorphins running through my body. Over a month I just couldn't stop talking to friends and families about what a wonderfull trip it was and what an impact it had on my life. So I sat down at home and made up a plan that it was now the time for me, to jump out of my closet and chase my dream further to join the Nürburgring at least ones a year. I looked at what things I would do to my car, but we all know that you have a plan A because costs and other stuff in life also need to happen, but I kept aiming higher and higher, I wanted the perfect road legal track day car. I gave my self 3 years to build it, but lets face it, I managed to find money I didn't know existed and here 8 months later,
I happened to join this Forum interact and to hopefully meet some of you guys and have some chit chats along the way or maybe drink a beer, barbeque and so on, in the evenings, it would be nice to have some like minded friendships around the ring. 

To make the list small, I'll just recap it here: car got over the winter this day, in this order - TTE550 Turbo upgrade, Protrack One 8x18 and 9x18 with Nankang NS2R tires 235/255, Millway camber plates for stock suspension (are now for sale, been on the car for one month), Millway rear subframe aluminum bushings, KW clubsport 2way suspension, KW bmw M4 topmounts, to retrofit the f8x aluminum strutbrace, yes this fit the F2x chassis, max 2.5 degrees negative camber though, but with superpro or powerflex bushes you can get up to negative 3 degrees camber.  
Plans for May Month, are to mount the MMR sump baffle in the oil sump, to prevent oil starvation of the engine. Later in the winter, I will maybe mount an Accusump if is can see in the logs it will be necessary.

Thank you for reading this far, hopefully you've enjoyed it. 

• 227 Antworten