Track R

Recaro PP seat consoles Golf 7 R

18 Beiträge in diesem Thema

Hello from California.....

I have a set of imported PP ABE in my MK7 R for some time with the original Recaro seat consoles 87.11.15A/25A. and sliders, the issue is they sit to high for me in the rear. As mentioned I live in California and we can install any aftermarket parts without having to have them verified by a Govt safety office like TUV.

Recaro USA and there dealers are not very informative since these parts are not offered in the North American market, I've also been told that the Recaro consoles from the Golf 5/6 sit lower but never been told how much lower with the 3point buckle. I've seen the Recaro side mounts from the PP NG fitted to the PP ABE but I believe they only lower the rear by 6mm

Can anyone chime in with some help please Mit freundlichen Gruessen

E97C24EC-98E9-41C5-9358-4EFF6E84959F.jpeg.65d7c616898eb29cbf3694679620053c.jpeg

8EDC73DD-F3D5-4076-A3BA-8F92BE144147.jpeg.1112ba90d605fd8d16102aa672b07467.jpeg

6FA42A5C-0590-473D-A730-02B860B94971.jpeg.b6ac18e88c47ab609bec8581fab5b185.jpeg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
19 hours ago, Pablo said:

Hey, 

there are several companies in Germany which produce seat mounts.

For example check these: https://shop.animalracing.de/sitzkonsolen/vw/golf-6/54/sitzkonsole-passend-fuer-vw-golf-6-7-8-next-gen-2022-sitzkonsole?c=24

Pablo,

I came across those including a few others 413motorsport, Wiechers, SpeedEngineering and Customworx.

I had a few ideas of using different Recaro parts to see if it will work but not sure if it will work out or not

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I can´t help you with that. I can only suggest you to buy a complete kit to become happy with your seat position :)

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I'm not sure, but I think I have some lower side plates in my garage.

I'm on holiday right now, but when I'm back next week I will look it up for you.

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Hello there,

they already look pretty high judging by the space underneath the seat. I see free holes below the ones you currently have the seats bolted to, what keeps you from lowering the seats with the current adaptors?

If you can run any aftermarket parts why are you even going with Recaro parts? I am pretty sure you can get some better, universal adaptors for FIA seats in the US. Bolt pattern on the FIA seat should fit right away, maybe you have to check the bottom bolts.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I also didn't install my Recaro PP on my BMW M2C with the Recaro adapters because they were too high for me.
I have the consoles and adapters from Speed Engineering. They are about 2 inches lower. Here is a link for you. take a look

Shop - Seite 2 von 2 - SPEED Engineering GmbH

In my opinion, the Speed Engineering consoles are even better in quality.
Nothing rattles and the guides are very easy to move

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
On 7/27/2023 at 4:49 AM, Patty said:

Hello there,

they already look pretty high judging by the space underneath the seat. I see free holes below the ones you currently have the seats bolted to, what keeps you from lowering the seats with the current adaptors?

If you can run any aftermarket parts why are you even going with Recaro parts? I am pretty sure you can get some better, universal adaptors for FIA seats in the US. Bolt pattern on the FIA seat should fit right away, maybe you have to check the bottom bolts.

The rear hole is the is the lowest one and the front is my rake

Recaro really screwed this kit up because they decided to use 430mm sliders and 30mm tall 430-405mm adapters, if they would of used the 405mm sliders from the Golf5/6 kit this would sit really low.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
On 7/27/2023 at 6:05 AM, Boesi said:

I also didn't install my Recaro PP on my BMW M2C with the Recaro adapters because they were too high for me.
I have the consoles and adapters from Speed Engineering. They are about 2 inches lower. Here is a link for you. take a look

Shop - Seite 2 von 2 - SPEED Engineering GmbH

In my opinion, the Speed Engineering consoles are even better in quality.
Nothing rattles and the guides are very easy to move

I think the best fit would be a set of 413motorsport or Pleie consoles with new sliders, they sit low and save me from spending extra money.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Sorry for the delay, but I finally found the consoles.

They are new and have never been opened.

I also have a set of OMP consoles which allow some finer adjustment, but I dont know if they can be mounted with sliders.

Just send me a PM and let me know, if you're interested.:14_relaxed:

20230805_114954.jpg

20230805_115234.jpg

20230805_115256.jpg

20230805_115314.jpg

bearbeitet von Fox906bg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

interesting find, Recaro Japan offers made to order consoles with low profile side mounts...

bearbeitet von Track R

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
On 8/5/2023 at 3:02 AM, Fox906bg said:

Sorry for the delay, but I finally found the consoles.

They are new and have never been opened.

I also have a set of OMP consoles which allow some finer adjustment, but I dont know if they can be mounted with sliders.

Just send me a PM and let me know, if you're interested.:14_relaxed:

20230805_114954.jpg

20230805_115234.jpg

20230805_115256.jpg

20230805_115314.jpg

Hello,

Thank you for the offer, I just ordered a set of the Profi/Pro Racer mounts to try from my understanding they will lower the rear by 15mm.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Does anyone know the price of the 413motorsport consoles, I emailed them a few times for pricing and to place an order with no response so I'm not sure if they are on holiday.

bearbeitet von Track R

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

he was on cacation recently so maybe just drowning in work. if he doesnt reply by friday let me know

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Am 7.8.2023 um 06:07 schrieb Track R:

Hello,

Thank you for the offer, I just ordered a set of the Profi/Pro Racer mounts to try from my understanding they will lower the rear by 15mm.

Ok, but did you see that mine are also lowered? Just making sure that you saw this from the pictures.

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
On 8/8/2023 at 11:46 PM, Fox906bg said:

Ok, but did you see that mine are also lowered? Just making sure that you saw this from the pictures.

I saw the photos Thank You...

I tried out the same ones Recaro 360942 they lower the rear a lot by 35mm, but they increase the rail spacing to much 445mm.

thumbnail_IMG_0692.jpeg

bearbeitet von Track R

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Thanks to all the forum members help...

I ended up getting a set of Recaro Scirocco adapters 86.83.16/26 since they sit lower and on center with the steering wheel versus the Golf V/TT kit.

I also bought two pairs ea of Porsche Recaro belt holders 7211153.1/2 to attach my Schroth and series belts.

Overall this setup is 30mm lower than the current Golf 7 Recaro kit so should be a lot better.

IMG_0767.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0764.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpeg

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

new frames installed I can now get in and out of my car without hitting my head on the roof and seating position so much better.

E7CF283D-35A6-4DC5-A835-0C8E6E31A582.jpeg

D843430B-7E36-474C-8D58-2B8EDCE0B8F5.jpeg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag