VikingPower

BMW F21 M135iR aus Dänemark

228 Beiträge in diesem Thema

A bit of more work has been done the last couple of days. 
The control panel is starting to form into something usefull and driver cooling is also added.. Still need to figure out a solution, to keep rainwater out of the intake hose for the ventilation. 

And a small test of the actuator was made too.. 

20240306_153030.jpg

20240307_142146.jpg

20240307_142117.jpg

20240307_155517.jpg

20240306_180248.jpg

20240309_223424.jpg

4 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Another eventfull day of work.. 

20240312_132957.jpg

20240312_144531.jpg

20240312_144641.jpg

20240312_163133.jpg

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Yesterday bought out more work, interior is almost completed at this stage. Thats mega really, because the easter shenanigans are just around the corner and im starting to be ready to go on track again.. 

Who can guess the weight of the car at this stage? With half tank, no driver and with standart battery..  

20240313_153147.jpg

20240313_154218.jpg

20240313_163433.jpg

20240313_163409.jpg

3 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 1 Stunde schrieb VikingPower:

Who can guess the weight of the car at this stage? With half tank, no driver and with standart battery..  

1380kg at this conditions :-)

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 5 Stunden schrieb racy_estate:

1380kg at this conditions :-)

You where not far off the weight! 

20240302_162036.jpg

7 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Am 15.3.2024 um 03:11 schrieb VikingPower:

You where not far off the weight! 

Well, i cheated a little bit. I did this professionally, so i know many real vehicle weights and the weights of the parts. And your conversion is really well documented!:12_slight_smile: With a full tank the f/r ratio should be even slightly better. I like that :3_grin:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 20 Stunden schrieb racy_estate:

Well, I cheated a little bit. I did this professionally, so I know many real vehicle weights and the weights of the parts. And your conversion is really well documented! :12_slight_smile: With a full tank the f/r ratio should be even slightly better. I like that :3_grin:

Ah yes, then it makes sense.. 
I try to use this page here as a diary, and document the process. It could serve some other people down the road or maybe not. But yes with full tank without driver the F/R balance should be even better. right now i think it is 53/47 percent. Thats not too bad. But at this point i will keep the stock battery, until i have removed enough weight fromt he front of the car. But its starting to getting pretty hard from here on. Things that could make a difference, would be full carbon front fenders + front bumpers. That should lower the weight at least 5kgs. But the price would be 3-5k euro.. So maybe 1k euro for each kg of weight saving. Not ideal at the moment, maybe later on - who knows really. :34_rolling_eyes: 

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Have now done 6 laps on the schleife, mainly testing and adjustning the setup on the car.

To be fully clear, I ordered a suspension with my measurement needs, I did the alignment, I did the corner weight, I did the suspension Bump/Rebound adjustment!
Im also still a friend and customer of 247performance and do consult with Karl when needed. But it's also not rentabel for me, to go to a workshop 700kms from my house, everytime I want to try different settings on my car.
So yes, i bought everything needed to measure everything out myself. No it was not cheap, no its not easy work. But it's also not rocket science to do this yourself.   
With that out of the picture we can continue with the subject. 

The changes over the winter, has transformed the car into an animal, i need to learn to tame.
With a half tank and 1365kgs + around 500ps, its really fast and violent.
In the corners, its also very agile now. But its still super predictable to drive and you can play a little with the rear on the limit, without snap oversteer. The understeer a had issues with last year, seems to be fully gone. But i need to double check that, on a different track than NOS. I'm very close to have dialed in the damper setup, but i will need to wait to conclude anything there, until i can get the CR-S into high temps (70+ degrees celcius). My car plus driving style seems to be very kind on the tires now.. Last year, my car was rough on the tire shoulders.. Not so much, even though my pace are nearly the same.. 

What can be the reason for this? The weight that went down or simply just my different alignment compared to last year?  I run less toe-in on the rear than before.

Also for this season i'm on the CR-S instead of the AR1.. This tires seems to be a huge improvement, when they get into temps.. In cold and damp, they are so much more sketchy than ar1.. but the compound are also much harder then.. So it explains a lot.. But so far.. Im very happy and enjoy the journey of learning the process of adjust everything by myself. 

Here is a Pic from yesterday.  

racetracker_26081937_419861.jpg

8 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

1365 kg is very good total weight !! 

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Richig stabiles Teil. Sowohl optisch mit dem Breitbau als auch das Gewicht ist bombe!

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 2 Stunden schrieb MCK:

Richig stabiles Teil. Sowohl optisch mit dem Breitbau als auch das Gewicht ist bombe!

Danke dir! 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Boesi:

1365 kg is very good total weight !! 

Yes, its a big improvement over last year.. Where the car was sitting at 1479 kgs, with 30kg ballast and full tank. 
So now with full tank, the car is sitting just above 1400kg without driver. Thats not too bad. This is also done with the oem battery. I keep this battery until the car is less heavy on the front.. But im struggling to remove more weight there.. Everything is possible, but money isnt growing on trees lol :P 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Habe Dich die Woche mehrfach gesehen. Live nochmal viel Imposanter als auf den Bilder. Respekt für den Umbau.

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Awesome car I saw you on friday :-)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
Am 28.3.2024 um 18:34 schrieb Fab#469:

Habe Dich die Woche mehrfach gesehen. Live nochmal viel Imposanter als auf den Bilder. Respekt für den Umbau.

Thanks a lot, happy to see you enjoyed the outcome.. Im not so good at capturing good pics of the cars.. I simply don't have the skills.. But yes, it looks way better in person, than the photos i post.. Thanks again. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb DaveS16:

Awesome car I saw you on friday :-)

Thanks! Where did you see me? :35_thinking:

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

After a week at the ring, im back home again. 
I did the testing on the car, and out of the box, everything worked OK. 
The corner weight + alignment was ofr my taste pretty spot on. The front damper setup was after consulting with a friend, adjusted 1 click on the rebound, and that made the difference needed for the front. 
The rear end was a different story.. The rear springs seemed to be very uncontrollable.. Calling the manufactured didnt help at all, they said the spring rates was absolutely fine for the car.. So after that, i gave the keys to a few different people who knows how to drive.. I asked exactly what they felt was wrong with the car, before i said what issue i thought i had.. I thought it was doable to fix by damper adjustment, but hadnt got much luck with that by myself.. 
Long story short, the springrates where too high.. And the reason for that, is mainly that the hatchback doesnt have as much weight moving on the rear as the coupe..

I guess a few porsche drivers can confirm that, in Hazenbach where i went full sideways out of the last S corner trying to keep them behind on coldish tires.. Good times.. :4_joy:
After that, it was just a train.. I wanted to let them pass down the straight to flugplatz, but they didnt seem to take advantage of that, so we kept playing around the track for a full lap.. it was absolutely good fun.. At some areas they pushed me really good and at other areas i tended to get a way a bit.. This was one the best and hardest driving i feel ive done.. And yet, the car was just taking it all in, without to much drama. I wish i can find the porsche owner who was behind me, to see if he had any recording of me going sideways :8_laughing:

I went to the GP track too.. Here the stiff rear spring setup, worked better.. Just still a bit to bouncy/skipping rear tires in the corners, but it wasnt too bad though i didnt lose grip and could take the corner on the back straight with about 210km/h.. ca 10km/h faster than last year, even with a passenger..  Thats not too bad! 

3 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
23 hours ago, VikingPower said:

Thanks! Where did you see me? :35_thinking:

Near the Dorint Hotel in the crowd :-)

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 20 Minuten schrieb DaveS16:

Near the Dorint Hotel in the crowd :-)

Aah okay, in the line waiting lol.. I was sitting there 850meters 1 hour, until i could come back in to Nürburg :4_joy:

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
On 3.4.2024 at 10:22 AM, VikingPower said:

Aah okay, in the line waiting lol.. I was sitting there 850meters 1 hour, until i could come back in to Nürburg :4_joy:

It was good to see a real race car!

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Geschrieben (bearbeitet)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb DaveS16:

It was good to see a real race car!

To many "Wörthersee cars" around lol.. Every evening when i drove from Kelberg to Nürburg and went down the Boulevard, all the street tuners where standing and waiting for someone do some stupid things..  I mean, the whole parking lot opposite of Nürburgring sign, was full of those kind.. I can't stand that culture.. Im too old i guess.. :35_thinking:

bearbeitet von VikingPower
2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Cars and Bikes @ the same time on GP course?! :50_open_mouth:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Geschrieben (bearbeitet)

17 hours ago Minimallaeufer wrote:

Cars and Bikes @ the same time on GP course?!:50_open_mouth:

Yep! I nearly took out a fellow Danish guy, who was on his bike right in the apex at the end of the main straight.. They let out the Bikers 30+ seconds before cars get to drive, but 2-3 laps in, you' ve caught up to the bikers.. And then its a matter of being carefull, you never know what they do.. That's a lie.. On the straight they drive full throttle between cars left and right, and after that, the interesting part continues, avoid hitting them right in the apex.. :34_rolling_eyes:

bearbeitet von VikingPower

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

TBH the weekend around easter is worse than others. But yeah, too many stupid show offs up there. Social media taking it's toll, again :40_rage:

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I hate bikes together Cars on the Track ! It is so dangerous and most of the bikes dont care on the Cars !! 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Patty:

TBH the weekend around easter is worse than others. But yeah, too many stupid show offs up there. Social media taking it's toll, again :40_rage:

Yes, i fully agree! But that's unfortunately also one of the few weekends where the GP track is open too.. And for testing, its really beneficial to be able to go between the 2 tracks.. But Normally it is quiet from 8-9 am until 11.. so normally i can get in a few good laps in that time, and then i just do some chilled laps afterwards.. If there is to much karnage, then i park the car and go review some of the footage.. 
And yes, the likes of social media is the culprit behind this behavior.. Some drives their fans cars around the track, others film around the track for "excitement and mostly profit".. They are, unfortunately, in my eyes, the reason of the Wörthersee culture being more and more implemented into our beloved track.. 
I can say SPA, is much more relaxed compared.. But, it is not Nürburgring.. So hopefully, there will be some kind of a movement against the "boy racer" culture in the future.. :12_slight_smile:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Boesi:

I hate bikes together Cars on the Track ! It is so dangerous and most of the bikes dont care on the Cars !! 

I fully agree.. And many of them drive like they have taken their last breath.. But i try to be carefull around all of them.. But you never know which ego you meet on a bike..Some are wild men, some actually do play it safe... I'd prefered open stint for motorcycles only and then cars only.. Would be better for everyone.. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag