VikingPower

BMW F21 M135iR aus Dänemark

228 Beiträge in diesem Thema

First time around Spa. 
It was very challenging and very very funny. The tarmac has so much more grip than Nordschleife. I will do more Spa trackdays next year, really value for money, compared to Nordschleife, where there are so many yellows and closures so you find it hard to get into the groove.
Here are one of the laps i did, filmed with the new DJI osmo action 4 with rocksteady on: 

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Did an afterwork trackday yesterday at Padborg Park. 
Here is a few laps including my PB. Will be hard to beat that time. Maybe direzza tires can help me with that. 

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I don´t know the track and your car, but your suspension seems quite stiff (maybe too stiff?).
Nice driving nevertheless, the car is a beast! :91_thumbsup:

3 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

I agree. Setup looks totally off, way too hard and bounces around too much. I think there is still a lot of potential with a proper setup alone! :1335_ok_hand_tone1:

bearbeitet von xerik
1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 17 Stunden schrieb xerik:

I agree. Setup looks totally off, way too hard and bounces around too much. I think there is still a lot of potential with a proper setup alone! :1335_ok_hand_tone1:

i agree as well with @Fox906bgand @xerik- as you can see in the spa video, bounces way too much

2 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

How dare you to say car is boucing that much? Its maintained, built and setup by all mighty 24/7 at the ring.

bearbeitet von Kappacino
6 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 22 Stunden schrieb Fox906bg:

I don´t know the track and your car, but your suspension seems quite stiff (maybe too stiff?).

Thanks! 
- Have been working quite a lot on the rear axle setup, to make that stable and predictable. Is now time for the front too. Car tends to understeer quite a bit on the limit - and i suspect the rebound is simply too hard. :12_slight_smile:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Kappacino:

How dare you to say car is boucing that much? Its maintained, built and setup by all mighty 24/7 at the ring.

If you only have nonsens to say, you are more than welcome to stay out of this thread. 

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 22 Stunden schrieb Fox906bg:

The car drives very much alright on NOS. The spring rates feel fine for what it is. Problem is he is still running the KW CS 2-way dampers. They are well beyond their limit on that car, and with the lowering of the cup bodykit, the dampers dont have a lot of travel left in the rear. The Suspension is pretty harsh in bumpy sections like entry Hatzenbach. But on smooth tarmac the balance and stiffness feel okay. It's certainly not a hardcore GP setup.

A proper racing suspension surely is the next big item on the shopping list. The KW CS Dampers are, as Carl would say, "Katastrophe". :4_joy:

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 22 Stunden schrieb xerik:

Its not totally off, just needs some fine tuning of the front. Rear is pretty much in check, its very predictable on the rear and has tons of grip there too. I just need to work a bit more on the front setup to minimize  the skipping under braking. I suspect the rebound is too hard.  

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 4 Stunden schrieb murdock:

i agree as well with @Fox906bgand @xerik- as you can see in the spa video, bounces way too much

yes, i agree and i also see it on my back to back videos, that i dont upload, where the car understeers in what situations. 

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 19 Minuten schrieb m1nicer40i:

The car drives very much alright on NOS. The spring rates feel fine for what it is. Problem is he is still running the KW CS 2-way dampers. They are well beyond their limit on that car, and with the lowering of the cup bodykit, the dampers dont have a lot of travel left in the rear. The Suspension is pretty harsh in bumpy sections like entry Hatzenbach. But on smooth tarmac the balance and stiffness feel okay. It's certainly not a hardcore GP setup.

A proper racing suspension surely is the next big item on the shopping list. The KW CS Dampers are, as Carl would say, "Katastrophe". :4_joy:

Thanks for chipping in with your experience. You did a few laps in the car as both a driver and as a passenger. You also know that the car understeers a bit, and on GP tracks its even more clear than on NOS. Had some several oopsies in Monday, where i was very close to understeer out of the track into the "gravel pit". Ofcourse i dont showcase that talent here lol :4_joy:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Lets have a look at the tire wear on front right tire after the Padborg Park trackday, which is an anti clokwise track. -4.0 degree camber, and a bit of toe out. Tire wear are pretty good if you ask me.20230913_165151.jpg20230913_164541.jpg20230913_165201.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Did you took temperatures? Or tyre wear?

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 56 Minuten schrieb erdi24:

Did you took temperatures? Or tyre wear?

I didnt check temperature, since i don't have equiptment for that.
That is on the list for next year, to have an infrared temperature gauge.
I was solely looking at the tire wear, which i think is pretty evenly weared over the width of the tire. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Some more work is being done.. its never a dull moment to own a racecar 🙈 this time, we continuing emptying the car. Im also planning to strip the cables if i find some manlyness and start chopping up the harnesses.. 🙈

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Some more work done. Starting to strip the cable wire. One by one. So far, ive removed 2.3kg of wiring, and there is still a lot of wiring left. 

20231020_111818.jpg

20231020_133452.jpg

20231020_133604.jpg

20231020_133612.jpg

20231021_101331.jpg

20231021_151142.jpg

20231021_151149.jpg

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

didnt know regular 1series has the mats on the chassis, lots of dry ice needed to get that ugly stuff off :46_confounded:

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 43 Minuten schrieb m2arcel:

didnt know regular 1series has the mats on the chassis, lots of dry ice needed to get that ugly stuff off :46_confounded:

it had a lot of it.. but now i can get to the few parts that i didnt do last winter. its pretty easy to take with a heat gun and a spatula. afterwards its possible to remove the last bit with tar remover. 

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

A little bit more work has been done. 

Cable stripping is finished. I just need to check everything for the last time and then everything will be taped with tesa tape. 

Heaterbox and every other useless thing has been thrown into the bin. 

All this work has given quite a decent weight result. 30.5kgs has been thrown out of the bimmer. Which now with empty tank should sit around 1388kgs. Still with the OEM battery.  Yes OEM AGM battery.

I wonder how much lighter the car would be with carbon doors, carbon roof, carbon dash, plastic windows and lightweight battery 😅  

20231022_165612.jpg

20231025_124841.jpg

20231025_140837.jpg

20231025_140848.jpg

20231025_141340.jpg

20231025_141403.jpg

Screenshot_20231029_164243_Gallery.jpg

3 Personen gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Wow looks like a lot of work... respect!

1 Person gefällt das

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag
vor 2 Stunden schrieb DaveS16:

Wow looks like a lot of work... respect!

Thanks Dave. 
It is indeed a lot of work and very time consuming. But it is straight forward to do, when you start to see a pattern through all the million wires. 
Definately worth in the end. 

Diesen Beitrag teilen

Link zum Beitrag

Wiring is now almost complete, there is still a few bits to do, like connecting fresh air and a blower motor, then make some usb connections too and wrap the last bits in tesa tape, then it should be finished.  
Coding is finished, and there are no codes regarding the cable work. 

So was it hard to figure out how to do the stripping of the cables? Not really.
Does it takes a lot of time? Yes.
Is it worth paying anyone 1-2k eur for that? IMO, No.

You can easily do this yourself, just make sure to have an understanding of what you are working with - but it is not rocket science. 
So in total 4.7kgs of cable has been removed + all the other things BMW thought was an good idea to equipt the car with - so that is an really good improvement in weight savings :1_grinning:

So what is next? 
Lets see what is coming.. 

20231108_155425.jpg

20231108_155436.jpg

20231108_155501.jpg

20231108_155519.jpg

20231109_083332.jpg

20231109_083442.jpg

20231109_083534.jpg

20231109_083627.jpg

20231109_083658.jpg

20231109_083809.jpg